Friday, March 16, 2018

Teacher's Instinct




Teachers really need to trust their gut instinct.  That is actually what I am telling myself today about me.

A few days ago, I had an issue with a student in which a discipline referral was needed.  I felt terrible about writing the referral even though it was very much called for.

The results-

The student wrote me a long apology letter explaining how sorry she was and she didn't mean to put me in the position to write her up.  She also went into detail, explaining that she now recognizes the changes in herself lately and she is working to change them.  Things have been positive and wonderful since.

The parent wrote me a very positive and supportive letter as well.

So...

Maybe I was too hard on myself.

Maybe I should have trusted my gut, knowing that I was doing the right thing.

Maybe my instincts are right on and I need to trust them.

Regardless-

Lesson learned for both me and my student.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment