Saturday, March 3, 2018

Almost Spring




As the weather gets nicer in the Suburbs of Chicago, I find myself feeling a new energy.  It is that Pre-Spring feeling that I have been getting this time of year for now 40 years.  It is a time of hope, promise, and energy.  It is a time of possibilities.  It is a time that I get enthusiastic about getting things done it life.  Around the House.  All over.

There is something about this time of year for me.  It certainly would not be the same if I lived in an area with static weather...I need seasons to experience this joy.

My Plans, although they may sound like work to others, are what my dreams are made of...

Things like:

* Bring things to Good Will
* Clean the Basement
* Clean the Garage
* Paint the Garage Floor
* Clean the yard and make it fun again

The list is long.  It is organized.  And it is waiting for the go-ahead to get started.

How does this fit my teaching life?

It recharges me.  It is a diversion to clear my mind.  It gives me peace and mindful energy to be better in the classroom. It gives me focus.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment