Thursday, March 29, 2018

Lit the Flame




Hello Mr. Levine, I wanted to let you know that I will most likely try to become a history teacher for high school or to be a professor, and that you were my inspiration because you were the spark the lit the flame for my love for history and I thank you greatly for that!

I know that I recently posted about a similar event in my life, but this one took me by great surprise.  

This was sent to me via Facebook Messenger in the past week.  I love this for many reasons.

1. This came from a male student.  Most of my students that go on to become teachers have been female.

2.  This student was a good student, but struggled with academics and attention.  He was able to become more of a student with the addition of more life.

3.  He wants to become a history teacher.  He knows that this means teaching content AND skills!

I am proud of him.

I am a little proud of me.

I am thankful that I exist in a situation where I can inspire.


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. Not at all surprised! My daughter still talks about your class and how much she learned about History and life.This is as she prepares to graduate H.S.this year. Definitely a huge influence in her life. What a great Gift to have, to be able to have such a positive impact on a person's life. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete