Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Awakening Sunshine




A Bad Case of the Februarys.

Cabin Fever.

Getting Stir Crazy.

About to Explode.

Case of the Gloomies.

These are the terms that I have heard in the past week explaining how much students and teachers are needing a break- Spring Break.

The interesting thing that I have noticed is that when the sun is shining and people do not have to wear their BIG COATS, there is a ray of Sunshine...literally and figuratively.

Students and staff have a bounce in their step, a smile and their face, and a sense of relaxation that is proof that those earlier mentioned ailments are leaving soon. It is wonderful!  Spring Break is great, but I find the weeks leading to the break kind of ease us all into the enjoyment of the time off a little bit more.  We can appreciate the break because we have shaken off a little bit of the winter before hand.  I would hate to think that my Spring Break is just spent recovering from a long and stress-ridden winter. I want to be ready for the time, fresh air, and relaxation.

Just like anything we have to look forward to...it is my philosophy that when we spend a little time with anticipation and appreciation, we can turn the time we have into well-spent moments.

In the weeks to come before your break...enjoy the baby-steps towards the destination.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember these days in school. So tough to get yourself motivated when you are waiting for spring and a break from the normal. I've been getting outside with Chloe more and can feel the warmth in the sun. Better weather is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    I am one of the people who NEEDs sunshine and happy thoughts to go through the day. The snow is melting in our part of world and we are eagerly waiting for the planting days.

    \

    ReplyDelete