Thursday, March 15, 2018

Mom's Inspiration




I like to seek inspiration from many places.  Inspiration, to me, is a guide to push myself towards life.

Today, I take my inspiration from my mother.  She passed away over 8-years ago.  Today was her birthday. 

My mother had interesting ways of motivating me.  Nothing traditional at all.  Maybe, even bordering on judgmental. Regardless what one might call it, it worked.  Her ways gave me what I needed.  They pushed me.  They made me think.  They caused reflection.  They caused movement.

I miss my mom everyday.  I still, however, hear her inspirations through the voices and offerings of others.  She still can find a way to channel her inspirational gifts to me...in some weird ways.

Birds.

Kids.

Friends.

Facebook memes.

The list can go on and on.

Thanks mom, for always being here for me.  I miss you.  I love you.


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites




1 comment:

  1. Oh Mark,

    Your mom must be a remarkable lady to have raised an excellent son like you. She lives through you and your deeds as well as your kids. Obviously you miss her. Picking up the phone and asking her for XYZ is not possible when she is not physically around to answer the phone.

    Like you say, carry her memory in you, in your surroundings and carry on with a smile.

    Best wishes.

    Purviben
    @TrivediZiemba

    ReplyDelete