Thursday, March 1, 2018

Clarity




"Wow, I get it now!  I haven't really understood how these two things were connected, but now it makes so much sense!"

Teachers live for this moment.  I live for these moments in my classroom. 

When students are struggling through their learning and there is a masterful moment of clarity, it is as if the fog cleared and now life makes sense.

When my student said this out loud today, some students said, "Wait, explain it to me."

Others, of course, said, "Duh."

When students have this moment of clarity and connection, it truly fosters an increase in thirst to learn.  They want that feeling again.  They want more of it to make sense of the sludge that they have been walking through.

If only there was a way to bottle it.  More so...if only there was a way for students to truly share that felt moment of clarity.

I am now on a mission.  I want more of my students to experience this...AND...I want them to be able to share the experience.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment