Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Changing Staff




Today I found out that one of my peers will not be in my middle school next year. 

It's funny- in the teaching world (maybe others), your colleagues and peers become like family.  You become accustomed to having them around.  Sometimes, you simply take for granted that they will be by your side until you retire.  The sad truth is- people leave.  Staff changes due to promotion, staffing needs, and other life changes.

As I reflect on this, I am left with two things to ponder.

1.  I should express more appreciation for my peers.  I should especially show those that I completely respect the deserved appreciation. 

2. I should appreciate the time that I do have with my peers and be verbal about my appreciation.

We don't always get to like who we work with.  It is truly a gift.

The life of a teacher offers so many gifts, even in times of a changing or uncertain world.

As I prepare to retire in the next handful of years...from teaching to writing...I wonder how or if my leaving will impact others.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. When a teaching family breaks up, it is difficult but your post is such an appreciative positive one, Mark.

    ReplyDelete