Saturday, March 17, 2018

Looking Back




Those of you who know me, or read anything that I write know that I love to dwell in the "what-ifs" of life.  As I was writing earlier today, I caught myself in a What-if.

What if we, as teachers, had the capacity to bring such clarity to our students that they could see themselves as older people?  With the reflective sense to look back and see the significance of their earlier education...

Our students would be able to see the value in what they were doing in school now.  They would see and feel the importance of the academic side of school as well as the personal growth side.

Our students would make decisions based on what they wanted to change or make better in life.

I am sure that anyone who thinks about this, as I am doing, would be able to reflect on their school years and come up with a list of things that they would do differently.  For me, there is a grocery list of things.  I am talking groceries for a year.

But, in retrospect, would I really want to change anything?

I like the way that my life turned out.

I made changes along the way to make me who I am today.

I am still making changes everyday.

So maybe this lesson for myself is that is there is no reason for this what-if.  We are who we are. Make the best of it...change what you want...Be who you want.

Or...

What-if?

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment