Friday, March 2, 2018

More than a Teacher




I am often asked about my hobbies.  "What do you do when you are not at school?"

The reality is...for the most part, I do school.  I do research, I write, I plan, I do PD, I read, I create, I prepare things, I think and consider ideas about education...

It the background... I built simple furniture, brew beer (mostly Ginger Brew right now), Go to Chicago Fire Games (Soccer or world Football is the only sport I have followed for many many years.  I relax, I like camp fires, I like doing outdoors things.  I used to fish a lot...gave all of my gear to a past student who became obsessed with it.

I like to clean, organize, and purge things.

I like helping with Garage Sales.

I like helping others clean their garages and yards.

Okay- I may like to clean things- a lot. But I practice mindfulness while I clean so it is very therapeutic for me...rejuvenating.

So-

I think as intentional as I am about teaching...maybe it is time to become more intentional about me time?

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment