Friday, June 1, 2018

Just Sit




Balance is something that I have been working on for years...many years.  The most difficult thing for me to balance in my life is relaxation.  I have a hard time after a great, long school year...to just sit.

Sitting is so important.  I do meditate which is really intentional sitting, but to actually just sit.  No guilt. No "I should be doing..."  No multi-tasking. Just sitting. 

I am not a fan of TV unless it is educational TV while I eat or Football ( not American, but soccer).  I am excited for the World cup to begin in two weeks.

I have my lists of things to do.  I have my major writing lists of essential things to get out this summer.  I have some things that I want to build.  I have a lot competing with just sitting.

My plan, as I have learned in meditation, is to be intentional.  Literally make the time and schedule in time to sit without guilt.  Just be.  Then- I know I will not be lazily wasting time while I know that time is set aside for Not Sitting, but being productive.

Let's give it a go.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment