Friday, June 29, 2018

Half-Way there




I was at my school yesterday for a training.  During a break, I stopped by my classroom.  It is in the middle of the cleaning process which includes some major work on the floors.  The floors are stripped and awaiting the many coats of wax that will last the school year and endure 180-days of over 600 kids.

As I walked into the room, seeing my piles of stuff, I got energized for the new school year.  My mind went two places.  First, I thought about how I will set things up this year.  Will it be different, the same, a hybrid, or will I see the cause to reinvent everything?  Also, I felt the excitement of students learning which made me eager to get back to what I do best....guiding students in their learning.

I know I need time to relax and re-energize, but looking forward to the next school year is always motivating and exciting.



Soon, it will be time to design the room, paint and refresh some things, and set things up so my students can enjoy their environment and learn like they never thought that they could!

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment