Saturday, June 9, 2018

Chicago Fire first kick




Some days, I like to push myself out of my comfort zone.  Some days take me way out of my comfort zone.  Today will be one of those days.

I have been a fan of soccer (Football) since High School...so, forever.

I have been a Chicago Fire season ticket holder since 2007.

I am not what you might call in practice in playing soccer.  I coached for 22 years and have a lot of time with the ball, but...it has been years since my foot has touched the ball.

The event that will take me out of my comfort zone?

Today, I will be taking the "First Kick" in front of the entire crowd of people.

What does this mean?

I will be, shooting on goal from the penalty spot with the Mascot in goal.  Yes, it will be televised.

Do I care if I make the goal?

Nope.

Do I care if the shot goes somewhere near the goal?

Umm, nervously yes.  And I rarely get nervous do anything in front of people.

Wish me luck.

Or, the peace of mind to allow myself to not do so well and still be fine with it.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment