Thursday, June 28, 2018

Looking through an Open Mind...




As I listened to the England v Belgium world cup game this afternoon, the announcers were unsure if England was in this game to win it.  Some felt that since they already made it to the next round, they rested up a bit and simply enjoyed the game. This was interesting, especially for England.

Don't get me wrong, soccer, world and domestic, is very competitive.  I used to feel my blood pressure rise while watching Chicago Fire games while they threw away leads or played as if the were wearing bricks in their socks.

Now though, through a mindset change and some mindful reflections, I am at a wonderful place of enjoying the game.  It is globally called the "Beautiful Game" and it truly lives up to the title.

I know so many people who do not like soccer or find it incredibly boring.  I feel that is because they haven't got to the place with the sport that they appreciate it.  For some things in life, we need to give them some time, some patience, a chance.  So many of us make quick decisions based on so little and we live with those decisions and judgements. 

What we need is time, patience, and an open mind.  Not just for soccer, but for life...for each other...for ourselves.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment