Thursday, May 31, 2018

I Reached 150! How I did it.




Yesterday's post was a milestone reached.  It was my 150th blog post- 150 consecutive days of posting since January 1, 2018.  I am proud of this accomplishment, but even more so, I am happiest with what I have learned in the process.

1. Writing Routines work. 

Once you get into a habit of doing something like blogging daily, it is easier to fit into your schedule because it becomes part of your daily routine.

2.  Writing Ideas are found.

I have created a bit of a routine with my daily writing.  I start by opening Blogger.  I give myself a few minutes (5 at the most) to land on an idea.  I truly do not thinking about what I will write prior to sitting down to write.  I feel this gives me practice in authenticity.

3.  Momentum can cause guilt.

Once I write for 30 days straight, it was hard to quit.  I allowed myself the opportunity to blog less frequently, but I found myself feeling as though I was letting myself down by now writing a bit each day...so I keep coming back- daily.  Sometimes life gets in the way and it is 10pm before I am writing, but so far...I have found a way.

4.  Writing in this way is a reflection on life.

I have been finding it interesting to go back and see where I was and what I was thinking earlier this year.  I am seeing a process of thought and life that I didn't realize until I read and reflected.  This might be my favorite part.

5.  Writing isn't always perfect, but it still is writing.

I like to write RAW.  I post my writing Right After Writing.  I do not go back and edit or make corrections.  I probably should, but again, I love the authentic elements of organic posting on my blog.

So...

Here is to the next 5, 25, 50, or 150 posts in a row.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


3 comments:

  1. You have been an inspiration, Mark. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. The push came from my wonderful friends at #TeachWrite... Mark

    ReplyDelete