Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Writing Zone




I love that I am reminded that there is such a thing as the writing zone.  It is a place where writing becomes a natural function of who you are.  It becomes part of you as you become part of it. 

The writing is comfortable and creates its own flow.  It is as if the writing becomes its own mind and helps you, the writer, to get the words to the paper (or screen).

The feeling is comfortable, not pressed or shoved.  The writing floats above you in guidance of its ideas and journey.

I am in the second day of my writing retreat and I am truly in the writing zone.  I have been able to write more, and with much better quality, than I thought possible.  I am gladly looking forward to the next day and a half of this place of mind.

Writing, along side other writers, where you share your soul and words in an effort to become a better writer is the most amazing thing.  I suppose I can relate it to a runner's high (something I only know from my youth).

I am thankful for this opportunity.  I hope others seek to find this gift.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment