Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Self Care is well deserved




Being a teacher means that your time is very unlikely your own as the school year goes on.  One nice thing about the summer is that there can be little pockets to simply take care of yourself.  Self care, I have found, is essential to mental and physical health.  We need to allow ourselves to let go of thinking and planning, concerning and stressing, and simply "Be" now and then.

I have found so much benefit in letting go and allowing myself to be what I might consider "lazy" at times.  As long as you don't let the guilt of any kind to sneak in, the refreshing sense of the freedom of mind is blissful.

Teachers deserve time for themselves.  We are such a giving breed of people that we often forget the most important person.


I love this (above) reminder.

Fill your cup first.  I know it isn't always easy with the stress of life, but it and YOU are certainly worth it.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about this very topic today. The first week or two of summer break, many teachers take a deep dive into self-care: the read a ton of (free choice) books, nap a lot, or write a lot -- check out from the normal routine. I think that's because we don't put self-care on our schedule while we are in the classroom. I'm so glad you have found a balance.

    ReplyDelete