Thursday, June 21, 2018

Self-honesty




Self care often requires that we are honest with ourselves.  This can mean carious things at different times.

For me, being honest with myself means:

1.  If I am not feeling well, I acknowledge it.

2. If I don't want to do something, I am real with myself and say, "no."

3. If I do want to do something, I advocate for it.

4. If I am sad, I don't tell myself to get over it.

5. If I feel like I am done, I stop.

This type of care, I have found, requires courage, communication, and self-reflection.  Often, taking care of ourselves can mean that there might be confrontation.  We have to stand up to someone to make sure that we are getting what we need.

If we are locked into a cycle of not being honest with ourselves, it will require that we are more aware and intentional in our practice.  Taking care of ourselves requires a choice to do so.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment: