Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Gift from me, to me




I think there should be a new holiday of sorts.  I think every teacher should be expected to celebrate the end of the school year by giving themselves a gift.  I think there should be greeting cards for teachers to get at the local stores that celebrate the end of the year and say something like.

I had an amazing school year, I ROCK!

I persevered in the face of too many tests and new mandates!

I am great and NOT the mess that parents claim that I am to my admin.

I stopped myself from slapping any kids this year.  YAY for me!

I...am the reason that my students will be successful in college.

Go Me!  I am still motivated to return next year.  (After a long summer break, of course)

Well, you get the idea.

Now...

To think of what I want to give myself as a gift!


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. Yes! Celebrating every victory especially an end of school year is a great idea. I'm going shopping & showing my husband this when he sees the bill;)

    ReplyDelete