Monday, June 18, 2018

Thankful for time




Today, I am thankful for a little time off of school.  I started the day with a nice list of errands...

But...

As I was leaving the house, I got a call from my wife that she was in an accident.  Some guy had pulled in front of her.  She was fine.  Shaken, but fine.  Her nice car...not so much.

The day turned into getting  her, going to the body shop, and getting a car rental.  And...a lot of calls to the insurance company, online forms, and so on...

NOT the way that the day was supposed to go, but...I have the time and brain space, as well as patience to go through this kind of a day thanks to a little bit of a break from school.  Next week, I am taken all five days.  Next week would not have been so easy.

I am thankful.

I am thankful for my wife being safe.

I am thankful for great insurance.

I am thankful for wonderful people at the Auto Body and Rental place.

I am thankful for the time to deal with all of this.

I am thankful for the opportunity to reflect.

So...

On to tomorrow.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


4 comments:

  1. So glad your wife is okay and that you had the opportunity to express your thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just the saw the picture of her car. So glad she was ok, but that moment of fear will linger awhile. Hope today is much better for you both!

    ReplyDelete