Monday, June 25, 2018

Mindful Walks




On my walk today, yes...my second day in a row of trying to be healthy...

I decided to practice something that use to be a natural part of my daily life.  Mindful Walking.

Mindful Walking is an interesting meditative technique that requires and produces focus.  The focus needed to meditate.

To Mindfully walk, one must slow their walk down enough to notice everything that happens in their body while they walk.  The best place is to begin in the feet.  Notice the feel that the ground has on your feet.  Notice the pressure.  Stay with that a while.  Then, notice the way that your feet feel in your socks.  Feel the texture of the fabric on your skin.  Finally, notice your steps.  Be intentional in the way that your feet move within each step.

This is clearly a beginner type of mindful walk as eventually, one takes into account the entire body- arms, torso, etc.

While I was mindfully walking today I noticed a few things.

I noticed that my mind slowed down and enjoyed my walk.

I noticed my back ache slowly go away.

I noticed that sounds went away, even though I was near the road with cars.

I noticed feeling relaxed.

I think it is incredible that when we are mindful of things, we are more intentional.  When we are intentional, we are more successful and we enjoy our journey just a little bit more when there is a goal in the end.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment