Monday, May 7, 2018

What does it feel like to write?




I found out today that I have a few students that regularly check out this blog.  Not really sure why, but...they think it is pretty cool.

They asked me what it feels like when I am writing on this page.

Interesting question.

Never thought about it.

After some searching, I explained the following to these students...

It feels like looking into a mirror where I can see what happened in my life that day.  I can also see what I am feeling and thinking while I am watching my day.  When I focus on a student for a few seconds, I can see what they are feeling or thinking as well.

After looking at the mirror for a minute, I look away.  I reflect on what I just saw and what I noticed or am feeling.

This creates the direction of what I will write about for that day.

I keep the writing short and get directly to the point.

I always look for the positives.

I am not sure what they will or will not do with this information.  I hope they visit this post and try it for themselves.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment