Saturday, May 19, 2018

Tasting Summer




I had my first taste of summer today.  My wife and I sat out in the yard and talked about the end of the school year.  As I sat and looked around, I thought about how my yard is so many things to me.  It is my little sanctuary. It is my work space.  It is my entertainment space.  It is my outside cafe.  It is my summer kitchen.  It is my place to sit in peace and reflect on life-past and to come.  It is my moment of Zen to exist in the moment.

It is also, certainly, an ongoing work in progress.  There are countless hours of work left to make it what I want it to be.  It is nice now...but I like the process of making it nicer or special for the summer.  Each year is gets to be a little bit different.

My time in the yard gave me the peace and the centeredness that I was craving to go into the last full week with my students...being present and enjoying them the most that I can.  It is a gift, for sure.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment