Saturday, May 5, 2018

Learning Self-Care




Today I embark on the first step towards my new lease on Self Care.  I am headed to a Chicago Fire game (soccer).  I have been a season ticket holder for the past 12 years.  Soccer...well, Football, or Futbol as it really should be called, has the the only sport that has meant anything to me for the past 20 years and has been a significant interest of mine since high school.

How is this self care?

Tailgating begins 3 hours prior to the match (game).  I sit with my drink and snacks behind my care with friends and fans that are new friends, watching the games that come before our game on my IPad with the sound on high on my blue tooth speaker so others can enjoy the music.

It is a sense of Nationalism, well...Teamism.  People share food, drinks, games, and soccer stories.

The whole experience takes me to my happy place.

My students and teaching, it is still there rolling around in my head... but I am enjoying the moments of where and how I am...now.

I guess I need to add...I often see students and parents at the match.

Oh well, that's okay too.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment