Saturday, May 26, 2018

In Between Time




The start of summer break is an interesting time for me.  I am lost somewhere in between school and break. My mind (and body) still expects to be thinking of great ways to engage students while I challenge them to grow in ways that they thought impossible.  The calendar tells me it is time to rejuvenate and make up for the countless hours and days sacrificed to my commitment and passion which is the education of my students. 

As I mention often... I am not one to take too much time for myself.  My summer is consumed by writing, committee work at school, professional development (both giving and receiving), my commitment to my state council as an executive board member, and thinking and theorizing better methods of reaching my students.

So, what do I do in the between time?

I allow both worlds and expectations to take turns.

I spend some time in school head...

Then I take a break...

Then I repeat.

Slowly, my relaxation will give me more time...and before I know it, it is time to start going back into school head and preparing for the new school year.

I love this life that I live.  Somehow, it all makes sense to me.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment