Friday, May 18, 2018

Growth Equation




My students' final district test scores are in.  The growth that I have seen this year by my 7th and 8th grade students this year is pretty incredible.  By the math used to determine growth, my students have grown between 1 and 3 grade levels in literacy this year.  I could not be more proud.

As I reflect on the growth, of course, I am struck with the question...why?

What is the reasoning for this growth?

There are so many variables...

The students and their academic personalities.

The mix of kids.

Student motivation.

Engaging lessons.

Persistence in mindset.

Relationships and Connections.

Formatively assessing for growth in areas needed.

It is such a complex equation to recognize what goes into success.

I am proud.  I am encouraged.  I am motivated.  I am compelled to continue this momentum.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites





No comments:

Post a Comment