Friday, August 31, 2018

My Reflection




I stopped into a couple of classes this past week of fellow teachers that I enjoy immensely.  I really love seeing them in action with their students...it gives me even more of a window into who they are than I already know.

Today, I had a student teacher observing me.  She is not mine, but is checking out other classes to see what else goes on in Middle School classes.

After she left, I had some time to myself.

I wondered...what do others get to know about me when they watch me teach?

For a brief moment, I thought I might video tape myself teaching to see what others see.  I quickly squashed that idea because I know that my view of myself is too biased.  I cannot see myself through the eyes of others.  I would be too critical.  I would not see things that I feel I already know about.  I cannot see myself with a pure reflective view.

I immediately went to a place that got me thinking.  I consider myself a very very reflective person overall.  But...how wonderful might it be if I can get to the purity of seeing myself...reflecting...without bias or blind eyes.

I am not sure of the answer.  What I do know is that I am more aware.  I am more mindful of what I am looking for in myself as a reflective person.  This is a process and quite a journey, I am sure.  But it is one that might help me to see myself as I truly am in my world.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment