Saturday, August 4, 2018

Slowing down




I have noticed far too many people rushing in life lately.  They are all in a hurry to get where they are going.  I know we all have deadlines, appointments, and much more on our plates than we care to admit or acknowledge. 

Rushing through life is not healthy in any shape or form.  Sure, you might get to where you are going early, but at what cost?

I am sure it is logical that if we are always stressed and rushing through life, our physical self is in trouble.  Our diet suffers, our heart suffers, and that is only the beginning.

Rushing is also a mindset.  If our hurried nature is started to effect the way we see or don't see the world, then you physical health and stress is not the only thing being effected!  When we are in a hurry, we go through life with a narrow vision, thus missing out on life.  If our focus of on where we are heading, we are not paying attention to where we are at...at this moment in the journey.

Who wants to rush through life?

Who is in a hurry to be done?

I have been intentionally reflecting on my "speed" of body and mind several times a day lately to make sure that I am doing the living and not the rushing.  I feel more attached to life.  I appreciate those around me more.  I am much calmer.

We can only go so fast to get to where we are going.

When possible, leave early with the intention of enjoying the journey and when you get to the destination, do something to take care of yourself.

As a teacher, I never find myself clock watching.  I want more time, not less.  I never want to rush the day (unless I am obviously not feeling well). 

Being present, in the moment, without rushing leaves us calm, energized, and ready to tackle the unexpected...

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment: