Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Night Before School Starts




It is the night before school starts.

Teachers are wondering what this school year is going to bring for them...

What will the institute days be like?  Will the mandates be different?  Will they stand in the way of good teaching and learning?

What decisions have my administrators made?  Are they seeing the big picture?  Are they doing what is best for kids or what they are being told to do from up above?

Is my classroom truly ready?  Will there be enough room for what I want to happen?

Am I prepared enough?  Do I have enough plans to get me through getting to know the needs of my students?

Will I have students with varying special needs?  Will I be able to handle them all?

Will my students be kind to one another and not make fun of someone?  Will I be able to redirect these behaviors before they have an impact on my students?

Do I like the clothing that I have picked out?  Do my clothes set the impression that I want to set for my students?

Will I be too mean or too nice?  What will my students think of me when they meet me?

Should I eat something or drink something before the kids get here?  What if I have to use the bathroom?

Will I do well on my evaluation?  Will it be fair?  Will my students help me by making me look good or will they try to sabotage things for me?  When is my evaluation?

With all of these beginning of the year tests, when will I finally be able to teach my students?  Will I truly be able to get through all of this curriculum?

The list goes on....

And this is only day ONE.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment