Thursday, August 30, 2018

Taking Time for Granted




I get dinner with my father about once a month.  He is elderly and luckily lives nearby.  I really need to make more time for him that these dinners.  I am learning quickly how precious time truly is.

I really enjoy our conversations.  They range from talking about his childhood memories to talking about the status of our society today.  I get to tell him what is going on in my life, my thoughts, and let him know that I am here for him for anything that he needs.

I am very much writing this as a reminder and reflection for myself.

I lost my mother over eight years ago.  I will not have my father for any extended amount of time.  Who know how much time I have?  Anything can happen.  I need to spend more time with him.  I need to talk to him on the phone more.

This is one of those things that I am realizing about myself.



Given to me a few years ago, my wife was referring to my time to start writing.  I now write daily, but I am light on my book writing lately.

I need to live my one-little word, "persist" a little more by spending my time with life, vigor and enthusiasm.  I need more dad in my life.  I need more time with my wife.  I need more time actually IN the books that I am writing.

I don't have the time that I once had.  I can no longer take time for granted.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment