Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Student Space




A while ago I wrote about my space in my classroom.  Today, as I am getting ready for the first day with kids, I spent a lot of time thinking about the best way to use my space for my students.

It is about Balance!

I do not want to much floor space, because it is a waste of great space.  I don't want to crowd the kids on top of each other...I want them to have room to breathe.

I want space for my students to meet regularly for things like mini-lesson, and group work...at the tables.  But I also want my students to sit in some creative spaces as well when they are reading, thinking, or writing.

I added a little more for my students today, while tightening up my space.

I have a LOT of students.  I have 6-classes with an average of 28 students per class.  I have 4 classes at or over 30.  These are my honors classes.  I now I have seating for 44 students if I were to count all sitting spaces. 

I am content with this.

For me, the thing is really that I am thinking about this...reflecting...imagining the students being in their spaces and using them for the best learning possible.

I guess I won't really know how it all will work out until...

The kids get to class and it works...or it doesn't.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites




2 comments:

  1. Those are high numbers. I love how thoughtful you are being in your creation of space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am used to those kinds of numbers. I will be okay...I usually am. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete