Saturday, August 25, 2018

Dancing with Care




Last night we had our Back To School dance at our Middle School.  The 6th graders tend to make up the vast majority of the participants at the dances.  I guess the older the kids get, the more cool they get and feel that they are above the middle school dances in coolness. 

Yes, there were more 6th graders than everyone else.  But...I was so happy to see so many 7th and 8th graders having fun and dancing.

I make believe that I am the DJ at these dances.  I get to see the dancing and the interactions between students.  It always makes me feel so good when I see students being positive and taking care of others.

I saw...

Students encouraging others to dance.

Students working together to request songs.

Students clapping and congratulating students that were taking risks in their dance moves.

Students of all ages working together in unison doing the Cha Cha Slide.

It was certainly one of those "feel good" kind of experiences.  Seeing this helps staff to be more aware of what great kids we have and the wonderful quiet things that happen in the name of caring for each other, every single day in our building.

I am very lucky to teach in such an environment.  I am positively aware of what I have!

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment