Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Possibilities




As I walked into my classroom this morning, I turned on the lights and stopped.  I looked around and realized...I am ready for the school year to begin.

My classroom is set up exactly as I intended it to be this year.

My class rosters are on my desk on my favorite clipboard.

My laptop has everything that I need set up to start the teaching process.

My Google Classrooms are all set up and ready for the daily work.

My notebooks and information for two days of institute and meetings are on my desk with my favorite pen.

It is such a great feeling to be set up and waiting in anticipation of the new year, new students, new goals, new challenges, and new successes.

It is an interesting feeling and experience to stand at the front of the room and dream.  Although I know about 50% of my students that will fill my classroom this year, they are different.  They are a bit older and have gone through physical and emotional changes (7th grade to 8th).  So...my day dreams of my room filled with leaners and all of the possibilities are not tainted by issues of the past, but dreams of the future.

This will be a great year.

This year will happen day-by-day, and moment by moment.  It will happen success by success and challenge by challenge.

It will happen and I will savor the minutes, the moments, the experiences, the memories.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


2 comments:

  1. So lovely, Mark. And yes, savor it all! Have a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something magical about new beginnings! I use the words "I believe in the possible" in my letter to students. Love those words...love that belief! Have a great start to your year!

    ReplyDelete