Saturday, April 21, 2018

World Teachers




I engage in many types of Twitter Chats about various teaching subjects.  I see this as part of my reflective professional development that boosts my teaching and thinking.  I participate in 3-9 chats per week.

Last night, I was lucky enough to catch a chat put on by teachers from the Philippines.  The chat was at 9:30 am their time and 8:30 pm our time.

What I noticed throughout the chat was that generally speaking, anywhere in the world...we all struggle with similar issues.  We wonder if we are using the best approaches to meet the needs of the students.  We all want to make sure that our students are going to be ready for college and the world that they will enter after.

I felt empowered to share what works for me, for Illinois, and for the States with these wonderful educators from the Philippines.

I left the chat feeling like I have tapped into such a wonderful world of educator thinking and reflection.  I felt proud to be included in such a bond with educators around the world.

I am a teacher, a teacher of students and the world.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. Neat stuff to think about. I like the way teachers connect.

    ReplyDelete