Monday, April 9, 2018

Break




Today was my first true day off as it was a snowy first day of Spring Break.

I compiled a Monday-List which had a handful of things for me to do today.  By the end of the errand outing, the original list had more than doubled.  Two things were moved to tomorrow.

On breaks, when I know that I am not going anywhere, I like to try to make an appointment each day.  First, it gets me up and going with a purpose.  Also, it motivates me to get the small running around done since I am out anyway.

As teachers, we tend to put things off until breaks.  It feels like since we will have that given time off, we can let go of a few things here and there during the school year knowing that it will be done "over break"...

For me, very often my breaks are so full that by going back to school, I am actually taking a break from the massive pile of accomplishments that I spent the break doing.

The web and flow of a teacher's life even keeps chaos within a routine.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. This is every teacher's life! (Thank goodness vacation comes in December and June so I can get myself and my kids to the dentist every six months without having to take a sick day.) I hope you find a few moments of rest, Mark. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete