Friday, April 6, 2018

Self Care




As I begin my late Spring Break tonight, I am reminded how important it is to take care of oneself.

When life is going at 200 miles per hour and you barely have enough time to eat or sleep, taking care of yourself is rarely a priority.  Some of us tell ourselves that we will take care of ourselves...

- During Summer Vacation

-When we retire

-As soon as (    ) is done

-As soon as (   ) changes

Then, we do the obvious.  We forget that this was our plan and promise to ourselves.  In fact, we quickly fill up the calendar and before we know it...our break is over and we are back to the old routine.  Or worse...sick...or even worse...no longer around.

We can't wait until then to take care of ourselves.

While I am on my Spring Break, I am going to take some time away from mediation, exercise, and writing to put a plan into place that makes sure that taking care of me is a new and improved priority. 

Why?

I will be more to others if I am more to myself.  I can teach, write, and connect better.  That is what I want.  I am not nearly ready for the alternatives...the consequences of not taking care of ME.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment