Monday, April 30, 2018

Testing High School




High School became real for my students today.  They visited the high school that they will be attending for what we call a "step up day."  That is to say- they experienced high school and sat and talked to groups of students about the high school experience.

Most students are amazed by the enormous quantity of things to get involved in at high school compared to middle school.  I like to encourage my students to really get involved.  There is so much life to be lived while in high school and I want my students to squeeze every drop of life they can out of the experience.

It is of no surprise that all of my past students complain that high school flies by way too fast.  I love to have them talk to students in the process to make this as real for my kids as possible.  I can say whatever...but students that are in it can make it that much more real for my current students.

When my students come back from this experience, they are excited.  They are scared.  They are overwhelmed.  They want to start tomorrow.

Which...makes teaching a little difficult for the next four weeks...

But...

I will get them back with engaging lessons and humor...and caring....and connections.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment