Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Too much Stuff






As I look around my classroom this time of year, I notice things that I am tired of looking at.  This is the time of year that I wonder why I have kept things for such a long while.  I reflect on why and when I got the “stuff” and also consider how long it has been since I used it or paid any attention to the item.

I am not a packrat by any stretch of the imagination.  If I lived and existed my own way…I would be quite a minimalist.  I do not like living in or near clutter.  But, for some reason, it shows up.

Students and parents buy me gifts each year.  They are all wonderful and appreciated very much.  I appreciate and respect the items so much that I display them each year.  Some have been with me for as long as I have been teaching.

Through the years, some things break.  Some things get dirty. Some things just fall apart.  It feels good to get rid of some of the old to make room for the new.  As far as the gifts, I will hold on to them until the end of my teaching…and maybe then some.
Interesting, how stuff accumulates.  It just keeps on coming.  So much for minimalism this year…but as I take down my classroom this year, I expect to have a few loads of garbage to take out.

Be Mindful.
Peace.
Mark Levine
#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment