Friday, April 20, 2018

A touch of Spring




Okay...the weather was nice today.  It reminded my kids that it is Spring and the end of the school year is in sight.  My students showed me exactly what I am in for during the last 26 days of school.

Limited Attention.

"I am done" attitude.

Slow work.

Lack of digging deep into their skills.

But also...

Laughter.

Smiles.

Less feelings of stress.

That feeling like you want to dance.


I know today was the first day of nice weather and it woke my kids up.  I know this.  I know the novelty will wear a bit in the coming days.

I will not give up on my lessons.

I will not give up on my students.

I will continue to teach the skills and content and have my students read, write, and think until I get every last possible drop of learning out of them...not because I am mean, but because I care.


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


1 comment:

  1. We've had such fragmented school weeks due to weather this year. It'll be interesting to see how students return from spring break--ready to dig in and learn, done, or somewhere in between. Your post reminds me that I need to recommit as well. There's still lots of time for rich learning! Thanks, Mark!

    ReplyDelete