Thursday, April 19, 2018

Compassion-Seeking




I have been watching the interactions between students and other teachers lately.

Why?

I wanted to see if student compassion-seeking was visible.

Answer... Very much so.

If we take a step back and look at the way that our students greet us, ask us questions, say hi to us in the hallways- what you will see are:

Students looking for approval.

Students wanting to be cared for and heard.

Students that want to be loved and nurtured.

Students that are looking for someone to see them as important.

Students that want to matter to someone they respect.


Sometimes this kind of thing is easier to watch from the outside first.  Then, take a reflective look at what happens when students approach you.

For me, this little exercise has given me more insight into what student looking for something from me looks and feels like so I can truly be there and present for my students.


Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment