Saturday, April 14, 2018

Being with the Rain




When I was a kid, I used to love to sit in the garage in the summer and watch the rain.  I guess I did more than watch the rain, I might say that I became one with the rain.

I watched it in its patterns.

I listened to it in the sounds that it reminded me of... Sizzling bacon, frying catfish, a hissing cat...

I smelled it at it had a fresh smell, often with a hint of pepper coming from the nearby trees.

I felt the cold humidity coming from it, even on the warmest of days.

I engulfed myself in the pulsing lightning strikes as they made their way across the sky.


As I grew older, when it rained, I stayed inside.  What a waste of such a wonderful felt sense it is to spend aa rain inside.  Of course, now when it rains, I do the inside stuff.  I no longer take the time to meditate right next to the rain...along with the rain.

It is time to get back to the rain...

It is time to enjoy the very simple natural things in life.  It is the way to truly enjoy life and let go of all of the stress in life.  It is time to take care of me...

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment