Thursday, April 5, 2018

Being Remembered as a Teacher




I went to get my taxes done at the local guy.  He is from our town and everyone loves him.  he is swamped and has many people from town working (there are a lot of CPAs).

I like to be early for my appointments...regardless of what kind of appointment it is.  I sat down and there were no others in the waiting room.  A nice younger couple sat near me and we smiled at each other.

A few minutes later, the door opened and another couple came in and sat down.  They looked up and screamed, "Mark, how are you?"  Then they proceeded to tell me how their son was doing in college.  They were shortly called in for their appointment.

A few minutes later, another couple came in.  They immediately stopped in and said, "Mr. Levine, we were just talking about you.  The kids are coming back from college and asked how you were doing."
They went into the front office.

A few minutes later, one of the CPAs came out. "Dude, I thought that was you.  How are you?"  He went and named all nice of his kids and told me how they were doing.

Yes- he has nine kids and I taught them all.

It was almost time for my appointment and the first couple asked me if I was the mayor of the town, or a doctor.

I said, "No, I am just a local teacher."

The woman responded, "You must me more than just a teacher the way that you are apparently loved by this community.  We are new to this town and certainly hope our kids gets you as his teacher."

Although I had to pay the government more taxes, I left the appointment with a smile on my face.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment