Saturday, December 22, 2018

Winter Break




Well, it has happened.  Winter Break has arrived.  It showed up just in time.  It hasn't left a whole lot of time to prepare for family coming over for the holidays, but I will make due.

Break is a time to rejuvenate and rest my soul.  It is also a time to feed my soul.  I will do this by reading, writing, building, creating, meditating, and cleaning.  This is a time where the new year brings forth a chance for a rebirth of possibilities.  It is a clean(ish) slate to start a new.... When I return to school, it will be a new semester.  The calendar will show a new year.

This new beginning will allow me the motivation to become a new and improved me.  Maybe a bot more energetic.  Maybe a bit thinner.  Maybe a bit wiser.  Maybe a bit more aware.

I am optimistic about what lays ahead for me.  I have been preparing for the upcoming year for my entire life.  I am hopeful that I will get it right.  But...even if I don't, as a teacher, I get a new beginning in June, then August, and then again next New Year.

Why am I so optimistic at this time?

I am more awake about who I am and what I am supposed to do with the remainder of my days.

I enjoy my life and appreciate the direction that it is going.

I have worked hard to lay the foundation for the work that is ahead of me.

I am confident, and I am willing to release anxiety about what I cannot control.

I am spiritually settled.

Here is to a wonderful new year.  Here is to the plans and the outcomes.  Here is to being flexible enough to appreciate progress.  Here is to me.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment