Friday, December 21, 2018

Polar Vortex




It's the first day of winter and we are getting word of a coming POLAR VORTEX!!!

What is a Polar Vortex?

The term "vortex" refers to the counter-clockwise flow of air that helps keep the colder air near the Poles.



In other words...

It means that it is going to be one of those winters where cars do not start...school buses do not start...and the whole world seems to be freezer burned.

I have lived in Illinois my entire life.  I like that we have true seasons here and probably would move to another place of weather if I were to leave the state... Maybe Maine, Minnesota, Wisconsin?  But, when you have things to do like get to school and hope that the buses are running to you don't end up with a week of "Cold Days" which in turn make your end of the school year extend deep into June- if makes one wonder if the South wouldn't be a bad place to live.

I am hopeful that the polar vortex is short lived if in fact it graces us with its presence.

If it does, I will be prepared.  With food, drink, and good books.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites

No comments:

Post a Comment