Sunday, December 23, 2018

Carefree life




I woke up today, wondering what I would do if I came into enough money that I didn't have to work-teach anymore.  This took my mind in some interesting places.

If I didn't have to work, and I had enough money to travel, buy a bigger house, do interesting things...I have to admit, I give this about six-months, tops, before I am board and looking for something meaningful to do with my time and life.

So...

I thought about the piece of mind that they money would give me if I didn't have to worry about bills, car notes, mortgage, and the probability of things wearing out and needing to be replaced.  Yes, I would still go to work-teach.  I would wake up each day with one less stress (or more) to weigh on my shoulders as I gave to the mission that my life has chosen for me...to teach and be there for my students. 

Teaching gives me purpose.  It challenges my mind and my spirit.  It allows me to give to others and be part of something greater than myself.  Connecting with peers that are working for the same greater good is empowering and inspiring.  Being connected with students, the future generations, allows me to feel as though I have some say in the direction of the world beyond my years on earth.

When given the opportunity to leave being a teacher for free money so one can live carefree...it is those teachers that live altruistically that stand out.  It was what gives people like me true purpose and direction.  It is what fills us with joy and challenges our intellect.  It fuels our soul and makes us want to strive to be our best at all times.

Carefree life seems empty to me.  Maybe I am spoiled (in reverse).  I choose to stay in my world of purpose and earn my honor.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment