Friday, December 28, 2018

The start of the Vision




So I am starting to work on my Vision Board today.  The board is set.  Next comes the fun part- the finding of the images that will allow me to see and envision what I want for my life.

What is a Vision Board?

It is a board (mine is cork) with images and words attached.  The images and words represent the ideas of whatI want in my life.  This takes on a version of the Laws of Attraction whereas you see yourself living a certain life and the universe bring that life to you.  For me, this board will include short and long term goals.

Most people take a stack of magazines and rip out the images of what they are looking for in life.  For me, I am feeling that this is not the way to go...or, I may be a bit OCD about all of this.  Instead, I want to find specific images online and print them out in a somewhat uniform basis.  But...the board isn't supposed to be very organized so I will have to deal with that when I come to it.

I have seen finished boards that include nice big homes, vacation homes, lots of money, expensive cars, jewelry, and the perfect mate.  I have also seen those with exercise equipment, perfect bodies with sculpted abs, and lot of fancy gym shoes.

Mine will not be like that...

Mine will have a camper near water.  I will have something to do with weight loss.  There will be things about writing and completing writing projects.  There will be mediation, mindfulness, and happiness.  Maybe something about being debt-free?  I see this all centered around my "One-little-word."  There will be much more, but I am not one to spread my focus....not on something like this.  Of course, my finished product will be included in a future post.  I also see my vision board being updated about once every 6-months.

The key for me is awareness.  This project will help my to focus my awareness of what I am looking for out of like.  It will make me mindful of what is most important while setting goals to work towards.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment