Sunday, December 9, 2018

Newest Goals




Is it too early for New Years goals?

I see some of my peers are already choosing their One-Little-Word.  I am afraid I do not have mine yet.  Maybe I take it to seriously as I commit to living the word and taking it on as more than a goal, but as a true direction...a true north.

In the past, I have had words like Craft, Curate, Balance, Gift, Present, Mindful, and so on.  It wasn't until I came up with the word persist this year that the word and living the word had taken hold.

Why?

Because I needed to word.  It was so much more than a word.  I asked for a word to guide me and it helped to not only guide me, but coach me through the entire year.  I have persisted in many things this past calendar year, but writing daily on this blog was the target that I hit daily.

As I consider words, I have to start by looking at my goals for the year.

- I want to write an article a week for Choice Literacy

- I want to write a Chapter a month in one of my book projects

- I want to make minimization a focus in my life

- I want to work toward readiness to retire

- I want to re-establish my identity as a friend

- I want to sort out my obligations and to find those most meaningful to me

- I want relaxation and appreciation to be built into my life in conjunction with meditation

- I want to know that I am alive

So...

These are my foci leading me towards my word.  Wish me luck!

(Suggestions are always welcome!)

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment