Saturday, December 8, 2018

Human Mind




I have spoke before about my routine of not leaving my classroom for lunch and instead, assigning myself monthly units of learning.  This month, my focus of self-awareness and learning is about the newest research on the human mind, and thus the brain and its function.

As I was learning various things that I can directly apply to my students during the past few days of lessons, I stumbled about the idea of being Born into being a sociopath.  What I found was that the core of the brain is very much smaller in those that will become sociopaths.  This is 1 out of 100 people on earth.  As the population grows, as do these numbers. The people with the smallest of these organs within the brain will become killers.  There is no remorse in these people.  They manipulate for personal gain and for the gain of power.  Often they have narcissistic personalities and tendencies.

After making a checklist of the qualities that make up the not-so-dangerous group of the 1out of 100, one thing stands out to me.  To go into politics for a majority, these people qualify as the lesser group of sociopaths.

Of course, there are those that try to go into politics to make changes for humanity...the altruistic ones.  They do not tend to last.  It is as if they are too smart of have a larger part of their brain that deals with morals and they refuse to play the game.

Our nation's politicians are not the only ones that fit this profile.  Most larger nations experience this as well.  Maybe this is why France and England are experiencing what they have been over the past few weeks?

Those who know me know clearly that I hold complete distain for anything politics, but not people or government in general.  I know arguing about politics is futile and self-damaging. 

But...

With this new information...

Maybe it is time to redefine government and power within.  It no longer fits our world.  We need to save our planet from people and their plastics, greed, and laziness.

It is time to become aware.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment