Sunday, December 16, 2018

Not Clutterful




As I am spending some time cleaning around the house today, I am reminded that in about 10-days, the holiday decorations will be coming down and the house will feel less cluttered.  My wife does a wonderful job making sure that the decorations are not clutterful (yes, a word I created).  She creates small vignettes with her decorating in a way that lets you know that the holidays are here without taking up every square inch of floor space.  I love it and very much appreciate it.

When the decorations come down, the real cleaning happens.  Very often, that means my wife will want to move some furniture around, get new rugs, or trade our a new cool piece for something that we have had a while.  I enjoy this process.

What happens inside me after the decorations come down is more dramatic.  I want to clean, I want to purge, I want to minimize, I want to bring everything we own to Goodwill.  I start thinking about the Spring and about being outside.  I start thinking about working in the yard...and thinking about the prospects of a get-away vacation.

I know...there are still at least 3-months waiting for me with high chances of LOTS of snow and very cold weather.  I know.   But- I would rather make believe that I don't.

SO....to cope...

I have plans to go through things I haven't touched in years and get rid of everything that I can.  There are papers that I have not looked at since 2004.  I think I can get rid of them.  That means many hours at the shredder.

So what?

We all deal with life in different ways.  We deal with down time and time that we feel like we need some change in positive and negative manners.  I like to my routines are harmless and fun as well as productive.  I am aware that there is a touch or two of OCD mixed in there somewhere.  I am okay with that.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment