Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Cycle




We are at the point of Winter Break where some interesting things are easy to note for me.

1.  I have to check in the morning to remind myself what day of the week it is.

2.  I realize the reason and need for break.  The essential need to catch up on sleep, making phone calls, setting up and making appointments, taking care of health issues, catching up on simple chores and errands, and finally going through the cabinets and tossing expired items.

3.  I have finally brought out my winter clothes and put away summer clothes.

4.  I had time to let my guard down and get the stomach flu.

5.  I finally dusted under the file cabinet.

6.  I realized how much of my to-do list I never got to in September.

7.  I realize that I will never get through my "hope to do" list over this break.

It is really just another cog in the workings of being a teacher.  We have such interesting lives.  I have found that if I talk to local teachers, teachers on the other side of the country, teachers in Canada or the Philippines, or anywhere in the Galaxy...we all seem to share these types of realizations about our lives as teachers.

And...

Most of us, that are truly in this field for the right reasons, wouldn't trade our lives for anything.  Being a teacher and having this weird cycle of life that repeats on an annual cycle is out thing.  It is part of the joy, the sacrifice, and the weirdness that makes us who we are.

Born to be a teacher?

I think so.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment