Tuesday, December 25, 2018

All of the Above




As I reach the end of the year of my One-little-word being the word, "Persist"...I can say that this is the first year since starting to participate in a one-little-word philosophy that I will miss my word.  I will enjoy it and live it for 6-more days.  Then, the entrance of my new word.  The entrance of a new and refined philosophy.  A new direction for new goals.

As far as I know, the concept of the one-little-word started with Ali Edwards in 2006.  https://aliedwards.com/projects/one-little-word.  But the reality is that most of us have been setting a goal of sorts since we were kids.  We set goals that often could have been summarized in a word or a phrase.  This One-little-word concept simply gave a generation of thinkers that ability to come together and participate in a movement that offers focus and discussion.

So...

For the past year the word "Persist" has guided me to daily writing.  It has also given my direction to say yes to other professional writing endeavors.  I have used the motivation to make several thousand connections on Twitter across the globe.  This practice has moved me to the point that I am very ready to take my writing to the next level and begin a new chapter in my professional life.  Now, that I am smarter and more confident...I am moving in this direction for me.  Not just to be published or to have my name on a book or three, but to enjoy the writing process and have the conversations with myself that end up in print.  Maybe they will end up being read by others, maybe they will simply sit on a shelf for someone to read when they stumble upon them.

So...

I very much suggest such a challenge to others...to learn about themselves through daily writing.  If they are not willing to put themselves out there to offer their thoughts and souls to others, then write it in a private blog or journal of sorts.  In doing so, one will learn about the patterns in their thoughts.  They will learn about their beliefs and concerns.  They will also grow in a way that might not be expected, they will be able to figure who they are or can be as a writer.

For me, it has been all of the above.

Even if one doesn't look to grow as a writer, one can certainly stand to find themselves within their daily lives.  In a way...get to know who they are behind the messes of the day and life.  Writing daily can become a mirror that allows you to see behind the image in a typical mirror.  It can expose secrets, aspirations, beliefs, goals, concerns, and even help to wash away ideas that have stood in the moving forward.

Writing can awaken the mind and soul.

Be Mindful.

Peace.

Mark Levine

#Mindfulliteracy
@LevineWrites


No comments:

Post a Comment